Tuesday, May 13, 2014

God, can I ask You a question?


Me: God, can I ask You a question?
God:
Me: Promise You won't get mad
God:
Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today?
God:
Me: Well, I woke up late
God:
Me: My car took forever to start
God:
Me: at lunch they made my sandwich wrong & I had to wait
God:
Me: On the way home, my phone went DEAD, just as I picked up a call
God:
Me: And on top of it all off, when I got home ~I just want to soak my feet in my new foot massager & relax. BUT it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that?
God:
Me (humbled): OH, I probably should have set my alarm clock since knew I had important meeting, but I went to bed drunk and said fuck it.  My bad!
GOD:
Me: (ashamed) And my car hasn't started right for weeks.  I should probably get that looked at.  I know it needs a new battery. Nobody's fault but mine.
God:
Me (embarrassed): And I know the lunch server.  She's is going through some tough times.  I could have been more understanding instead of getting all huffy.  What's a little cheese?
God:
Me (softly): And cell phones suck, I know that. Calls always drop.  I probably shouldn't have been talking while driving anyway.  Good thing there's caller ID on this thing.  I can see who it was and call them back later, unless it was a telemarketer.  Even God can't stop telemarketers.
God:
Me: And OMG! What am I doing?  Why do I have to make this stuff all about me?  And why do I have to pretend that someone did stuff TO me?  That sounds so unhealthy!
God:
Me: I really need to start to trust myself, work on my relationships, get some excercise instead of relying on a foot massager, eat better, drink less, spend less time on facebook, etc.
God:
Me: Hmmm.... Taking an active role in my own happiness... That actually sounds like a pretty good plan.
God:
REPOST if you Believe in HIM
Worth posting.

No comments: